Morris & Co. - The Evolution of a Unique English CompanyThe original Company of Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Company was founded in 1861, the founding partners being:
- Ford Madox Brown 1821 to 1893
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti 1828 to 1882
- Peter Paul Marshall 1830 to 1900
- Philip Webb 1831 to 1915
- Charles James Faulkner 1833 to 1892
- Edward Burne-Jones 1833 to 1898
- William Morris 1834 to 1896
Ford Madox Brown : Designed furniture and stained glass for 'the Firm'.
Dante Gabriel Rossetti : Original member of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. Artistic mentor to William Morris & Edward Burne-Jones.
Peter Paul Marshall : Surveyor and amateur artist introduced to Morris by Ford Madox Brown.
Philip Webb : Met Morris at Oxford and set up his own architectural practice in 1856. With Morris founded the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings. Designed Red House.